“My husband and I argue a lot and seem to have difficulty communicating. We’ve talked about marriage counseling but we aren’t sure we want to see someone in person. My husband has a prominent career in the community and although we know marriage counseling is confidential, we are concerned about others finding out that we attend counseling. We’ve heard about online marriage counseling but aren’t sure if it is legitimate. Can we actually benefit from seeking out online relationship counseling? Do we need to know how to use Skype?”
A lot of people often wonder about whether or not online marriage counseling is legitimate. If you find a trained, reputable counselor, marriage counseling online can be very effective.
However, you need to be aware that not all online marriage counselors are properly trained.
More information about finding reputable marriage counseling online:
- Online marriage counseling. Is it real?
- Online marriage help. Does it help? Or make things worse?
- How my therapist destroyed my marriage. Has this happened to you?
- Self Guided Online Marital Counseling
Online Marriage Counseling
Online marital counseling is a relatively new concept. However, it is quickly expanding as more counselors are beginning to embrace the idea of skype marriage counseling.
“Going” to online marriage counseling is similar to face-to-face counseling in many ways. Whatever you would do in a therapist’s local office, you can do at home while on the computer. For example, in our local counseling practice, we have the couple sit knee to knee facing each other, speaking to each other in a safe, calm, and connected way- and we host those very same marriage counseling sessions while online.
Steps to Finding an Online Marriage Counselor
There are many websites and platforms that offer counseling. However, not all are created equally.
1. Step One: Look for a marriage counselor who is licensed and has the appropriate credentials. Unfortunately, many people may call themselves a life coach, marriage counselor, or relationship expert, without having the appropriate education or credentials to provide treatment.
2. Step Two: A reputable counselor will be able to offer you information on their training, education, and background so you can feel assured that you are meeting with someone who is trained to provide counseling. Make sure that anyone you meet with has expertise in marriage counseling, because not all counselors do.
What We Offer
We offer online marriage counseling, specifically, a 2 day marriage intensive retreat via Skype. Skype relationship counseling is very convenient, effective, comfortable in that it takes place in the privacy of your own home. Additionally, you get the therapist that you want, regardless of distance! You can get the therapist that is best qualified to deal with your specific needs and issues.
If you’re timid about going to see a marriage counselor in person, skype counseling is definitely your next best option! It offers that anonymity without compromising the quality of the work. If you want to find out more about skype relationship counseling, click here to learn more about it, even if you aren’t computer savvy.
To your marriage success!
Shlomo and Rivka Slatkin