Couples that are looking for couples retreats have often heard of the faith based marriage counseling weekend retreats called Marriage Encounter. Those couples that often call us and ask how our own intense marriage counseling retreats differ.
More inspiration on marriage retreats:
- Looking for a non religious marriage retreat?
- Christian marriage counseling
- Imago therapy’s Getting the Love You Want Marriage Retreat
Marriage Encounter was founded in 1952 by a priest who welcomed couples primarily from the Christian faith to be able to come to a couples retreat and feel comfortable being surrounded by other couples who wanted faith based marriage counseling.
Marriage Encounter was helpful to those couples in that it taught couples counseling methods that opened people up to communicating well and sharing in a safe environment.
How are our Couples Retreats different?
Our own couples retreats are different.
- Marriage Encounter does NOT offer couples counseling or marriage therapy during their weekend retreat. There are no professional therapists at the retreat, their retreat is comprised of volunteer couples and priests.
- Marriage Encounter is centered around the Christian/Catholic faith and is religion oriented. Our own couples retreat is not based on religion. However, couples from all faiths will feel comfortable in our couples retreats due to our traditional views on family and marriage.
- The retreat is not private, in that there are other couples present. We offer both private and group marriage retreats.
I know many couples enjoy the chance to get away from the problems going on at home.
We host our 2 day private and group couples retreats in Baltimore, MD exclusively. Depending on where you live, travel time may be greater for you.
Being that I am of the Jewish faith, if you are a Jewish couple looking for a Jewish marriage intensive retreat experience, our 2 Day couples retreat will leave you feeling hopeful about your own marriage, due to the effectiveness of our couples counseling methods and also due to the camaraderie that we can share.
If you are not of the Jewish faith, and would like to explore our private 2 Day couples retreat option, know that you are welcome to ask any and all of your marriage counseling questions prior to scheduling any retreat.
Our retreats are not faith based or religious oriented, and if you are looking for marriage counseling that is faith based or simply respectful of traditional family values, you will enjoy our 2 Day intense marriage counseling option or Getting the Love You Want workshop. You will also walk away feeling hopeful that your marriage can now be restored and also that there is someone out there that respects your traditional family values.
Both a private or group marriage retreat is the fastest way to fix a marriage that’s been headed towards separation or divorce. Contact us now to fix your marriage and schedule your own marriage retreat with us.