As we mention regularly in our relationship advice, it is always good to cultivate the attitude of gratitude in your relationships. As this week is Thanksgiving for those of us in the United States, we thought we would share with you some of the things we have been grateful for recently.
- November’s Couples’ Workshop– We were thrilled that 14 couples got to spend three days transforming their relationships! We felt particularly blessed to be able to facilitate that experience by organizing the weekend. It really reminded us of why we are doing what we are doing; to make a difference in others’ lives. According to one participant:
- Shlomo’s trip to Israel– I am particularly grateful that I was able to travel to Israel last month for a wedding. Although Rivka and I had planned on going together, our childcare fell through at the last minute. I am grateful that we had the relationship skills to work through all of the changes, fears, and disappointments. While I cut the trip short, I was more than satisfied, and in the end Rivka had a chance to take a vacation with her friend to LA so everyone was happy in the end.
- Our kids- Never a dull moment at our house, our kids keep us young, teach us to be patient, and show us how love is limitless. We are thankful for the opportunity to help them grow and develop into the great people they are becoming. Parenting has allowed us to grow and heal by giving to our children what we didn’t get growing up.
- Our Readers– We are grateful to have such loyal readers. We appreciate your feedback. Disseminating marriage advice and information on the internet can be a thankless job. It is not always possible to know the impact our hard work is having on others. That’s why it is gratifying when we receive emails like this:
- Webinars– As many of you know, we have begun hosting webinars, 1 hour to Relationship Wow, and the Organized Couple’s Bootcamp. We are grateful for the opportunity to share new content with you, especially with our guest presenters. We are excited about some of the new webinars we have planned for January and February, which will feature parenting expert Kirk Martin of CelebrateCalm.com, How perfectionism is putting a wedge between you and your husband with Marla Cilley, aka FlyLady, and financial blogger Mara Strom of Kosher on a Budget.